This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What Lies Ahead...




It's not about being "here"...  It's about being "there".  Do you have struggles?  Well, I do too, and mine are mostly with myself. 
Nothing happens by chance.  I truly believe that. I also believe that my struggles are designed, hand-carved so to speak, just for me, by a good and loving God. That makes them alot easier to deal with. 
Nothing comes my way without having passed through His hands first.  This is a lesson I have tried to hang on to...though at times it has been hard. We cling so ferociously to this life and we want all it has to offer. We forget what lies behind the curtain...glory. 
Learn to live your life with a purpose...not to gain all you can, but quite the opposite.  Giving all you can to what God has for you to do...yielding your life for others and gaining an eternity of blessings.  How often I forget this jewel of wisdom.  It is not about me.  It is not about me.  It is not about me....or you either, by the way.  It is about giving God glory for it all...the good, the bad, and everything in the middle.  
Ask yourself this question when facing a task - Will this matter one hundred years from now?  Will it count for eternity?  It can, you know.  Do your best for Him and learn to see the trials in your life as refining tools - to make you stronger and more useful to His kingdom - knowing that the smallest kindness done in secret brings Him MUCH glory.
So as you and I go through our days, doing the next thing on our lists, just remember to store some things up for heaven and that life is not lived for today, but for eternity...
Trust Him as your only Hope...because He is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment