This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grandchildren

They are gifts.  Ask any grandparent.  At the time I am writing this, I have nine and none on the way....that I know of.  The very thought of a pregnancy might send them all over the edge of wherever the edges are because they all had babies this year...  It wasn't planned by anyone but God, so thank you, Lord.
My oldest, Lee and wife Shannon have four:
Luke Thomas and Emma Grace - 6 year old twins
Bella Rose - age 3
Ivy June - 5 months
FYI (that is us in the picture, not Lee and Shannon)


    My second oldest, Luke and wife YuJueng had their first on August 4th of this year, Mae Jaeyeon.


Ok.  This IS Luke and YuJueng and Mae, and oh yes, Flag.

                                                                                                                                                                 



Jana, our daughter and husband Matt also have four:
Adalynn Joy - age 6,
Levi Matthew - age 4
Ricky Ryan - age 2
Thomas James (T.J.) - 6 months
Again, this is not Jana and Matt.  It's us.
                                                                                                   Denny is unmarried....as far as I know.  If you see him, could you please tell him to call home?  Thanks.

It is pointless to say that they are all different.  Of course they are...even the twins are soooo not like each other.  How does God make so many individuals?  Think about the centuries before us.  I DO know that I am so thankful - and so are you - that everyone is not like me.  Let's just be grateful for small mercies.

Luke is unpredictable.


Emma is "anticipation"...always.


Bella is Lee Jr, female version.
              
Ivy is always thinking.

Mae - future music lover for sure.
Addie is creative.

Levi - well this face says it all.

Ricky - lady killer
T.J. - a future force to be reckoned with
Thank you Lord, for these blessings called grandchildren.  You think of everything.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way Tommy is holding Ricky's chin. I think he does that to a different baby in every group picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is helping them to focus, but yes, he does it with the little ones he is holding. He doesn't do that to me...unless he is making me look at him:)

      Delete