This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Clutter and Valentines

Every house has it...I am just sure of it...so don't bother denying it.  I like to think that I have a place for everything and that eventually everything gets put in its place...but there are some things that don't belong anywhere, and I am unable to toss them and so clutter occurs.  It's the odd things...the things without a category.  The unfinished tax return and all the papers that go with it, the unused 15x15 inch ceramic tiles that are leaning against the wall where the unused treadmill is...(hold all comments, please),  the hundreds of old cassettes that do not belong anywhere in the universe anymore.  You see the problem.
These are all tell tale signs that I cleaned out the workroom today.  It's this room I sit in at present to write this blog.  I simply cannot work in a room of clutter.  Since Tommy has a laptop, the computer in this room gets little use compared to previous days.  So I am claiming this territory as my own to type in, listen to music, and ignore the giant treadmill behind me.  I can do all of those things at once.  Smile.
My sewing machine is in here as well...calling me to mend the clothes laying on it and perhaps to make blankies for the three new grandbabies I gained this year.   Christmas is not that far away, people.  Smile again.
I did discover some treasures..a bag of valentine cards and various items for that holiday that I never received.  The receipt was dated 2011.  There it sat in a plastic bag for no one to enjoy for a year and a half:(  I found a dictionary that was my grandmother's, printed in 1951 - two years before I came into the world.  I looked up the word "clutter".  Clutter - a litter; confusion; disorder -and then there was a picture of my workroom beside it ;)
It is now organized and cleaned out. 
We like bluegrass music.  Tommy and I were married in 1971 and 'our song' is one of Elton John's during that era called "Your Song".  Tommy found a bluegrass version and added it to his cell phone's ringtones so it plays when I call him.  I downloaded it and am listening to it at this very moment while I type.  I will continue to ignore the treadmill for now, but very soon......  Have you heard that before?
"And you can tell everybody this is your song. 
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done,
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put down in words
how wonderful life is while you're in the world." 
Melts my heart every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment