This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What is Good.....

Micah 6:8  "He has told you, O man, what is good;  and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
This is one of my favorite verses, hidden away in the Old Testament like a golden nugget waiting to be discovered.  What a picture of what God wants from us!  How simple the request.  The words look easy enough....do justice, love kindness, walk humbly with God.  Got it....that is until I try to do it.  I can't - and neither can you, by the way - without His help.  Maybe that's the whole point.  He knows we cannot do what He requires of us without His help.  Enter humility.
 O Lord, we need Your help to do as You ask.  We are incapable in our own strength.
In doing justice, may we love the unlovely, the broken, the poor.  May we seek to serve in Your name and for Your glory.
In loving kindness, may we encourage others, practice good manners, and put the welfare of others ahead of our own.
In walking humbly with You, may we seek Your face daily, read Your word and obey what we read.  May we bow before You and just praise You without asking for anything, being thankful for everything.
 "He has told you, O man, what is good"....   Let's practice these things.  He requires it.

2 comments: