This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Froberg's




Have you ever been to Froberg's in Alvin?  It is a farmers' market...kind of hidden away on the back streets, but such a refreshing reminder that good things come from nature...in a nature setting.  Recently they added more parking (which was much needed) because the traffic was backed up with cars trying to get in.  Hey,  maybe you have been there.
For most of the year, strawberries grow in the back acres.  Come spring, you can grab a bucket and pick to your heart's delight, paying by the pound when you are done.  Too bad for them that they don't weigh us before and after we pick! Kids of all ages are out there grabbing the yummy red fruit as fast as their fingers can work.
Not only is their produce fresh from local farms, but there is usually someone handing out samples of sausage from the little smokehouse next door, enticing you to visit.  So after making your veggie and fruit purchases, walk over to Greak's and grab something there.  My favorite is a chopped beef BBQ sandwich, a bottle of coke, and maybe a bag of chips.  Tommy loves their turkey jerky.  Either works and there is so much more.
Outside the market are picnic tables, sinks to wash your hands or whatevers in (perhaps you want to rinse those fresh picked strawberries), and they have the ever lovely blue port-a-thingys ....should you be desperate enough.
       


Anyway, this is an unpaid advertisement.  It is about an hour from where I am, but you may be closer.  Look them up, and then go.

No comments:

Post a Comment