This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nightmares in the Closet

You women know what I am talking about.  Sometimes you want to take a shredder in there and take care of those clothes that are being mean to you.  Maybe then you could come out feeling satisfied and victorious instead of disappointed and defeated.  I rarely win the battle.
We have our "occasionally on a regular basis" visitors - (yes, that sums it up), but otherwise our bedrooms stay empty.  I have banished the ill-fitting clothes to those closets.  They are being punished.  I do not have them grouped by size, though I could, as I have a variety of those numbers that we assign to ourselves.  No, my clothes are clumped in wherever I can find space to clump them.  Right now they are sad - I hope - because I am not speaking to them.
I wear dresses on Sundays and various occasions, but most of the time you will find me in capris and jeans.  I am a woman of leisure, even when I am making a mad dash here and there.  You can't go wrong with tees and pants.  I am always surprised when someone says to me, "You look nice today."  But when several people say it, I have to look down and see what I have on and say, "Okay, this works."
Recently I visited my daughter, Jana in Chicago.  She took me to some retail/thrift stores.  Pay dirt.  Of course!  Why not pay "pennies" for what someone else wore for awhile instead of shopping retail?  You know ladies, that by the time you make that purchase in the mall, several others have already tried on those clothes.  Makes you think, doesn't it?
Most thrift stores color code their clothes to help that person who is looking for a top to match that weird colored skirt she bought.  It's very helpful. Plus, there are different sales on different days.  On Mondays, maybe everything marked in blue will be half price, and on Tuesday, all green tags might be 25% off.  And if you happen to be over a certain(?) age...well you get the picture.  There is always a sale!
Beware of overkill.  I could hardly get my suitcase closed after shopping in Chicago.  (Remember, I am supposed to be scaling down and purging my house of excess.)  Maybe I will start with those mean clothes.

Getting on that treadmill would take care of much of the problem:/

No comments:

Post a Comment