This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Soup's On


Isn't Fall a great time of year to make soup?  I love soup and come September and cooler weather, I grab the recipe books and begin to make a list of ingredients needed to make all kinds.  Soup makes the whole house smell good....whether it's chili or chicken noodle or vegetable, and everything in between.  It is  comfort food.  Recently I was purging my house of all its excess....a task of monumental proportion.  I counted twenty eight soup bowls in my cabinet.  Now really, who was I going to cook for?  So I scaled down to a mere...lower number - and then, when I least expected it, I found some orange bowls in Iowa that I loved....only $1.50 a piece.  Self-control went out the window:(  They now have a new home in my kitchen.  Soup must be made - that's all there is to it.  If you would like to eat soup out of my orange bowls and experience Fall in my house, just give me a call.  I am ready!  
(Okay, two things -- I will wait awhile before writing again about this season I love...and I will continue to work on that self-control.)

No comments:

Post a Comment