This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Isn't this a funny name for a day when people are taking a holiday from work?  I looked it up and it is a day to honor American workers, originating in the 1880's.  Having just visited the stores, I must say that everyone is not resting.  Most that I observed are preparing for a huge picnic or gathering of some kind.  We are no different.  The Dahns' grill will be in use this evening as we get together for dinner and then our weekly bible study.  We all come from different churches, but we are united in the fact that Jesus alone is Savior and that God's word is true.  There have been many theological debates in our living room, some very lively and loud, but all in love.  We wouldn't have it any other way.  So Happy Labor Day to you all....however you wish to celebrate 'not working'.

No comments:

Post a Comment