This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SWOOSH!

John 16:33 "In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world."  It doesn't get any better than this.  How often do we live defeated and heavily burdened with what life brings?  Life is just hard sometimes.  People hurt.  Injustices exist.  Pain is real and often it mars our  judgement.  The bible tell us we WILL have trials and problems.  (If you are over the age of two, you already know this.)  We realize early on that we have very little control over the things that happen to us and around us.
BUT GOD - I just love those words - says we are to take heart because Christ has overcome the world.  Overcome -"to be victorious, to conquer", comes from the word "nikao" (Nike! Swoosh!)  We have a refuge, a resting place...Someone to turn to with all of our cares and woes.  Jesus has overcome the world with all the junk it can throw at us.  And He equips us to stand...in grace, and hope, and love.  Take heart, my friend.


Caleb Hardcastle's tennis shoes.  Thanks, Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment