This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, September 14, 2012

SPAM

I feel it is therapeutic to write about my spam experience.  Yesterday when Mr. Google - (mister because it could not possibly be a woman.  We simply do not call a person "spam") - told me that I was spam, I could not believe my reaction.  I immediately felt my face turn red and I felt like I should go stand in a corner.  Surely this was a mistake.  Trying again to reach my site, I was once again told I was spam....my face was still red.
IF anyone was trying to reach my blog, they could, after reading that I had violated something.  I would never violate anything - well, okay but NOT if it was going to be plastered all over the web.  What to do, what to do.  And then hubby came home.  I explained my dilemma and he...yawned.  At least that is how it seemed to me.
I contacted Mr G and they told me to follow their instructions.  With rapid speed I typed... They replied that since I was responding, I must not be a robot - geniuses - and that I was probably a 'false spam'.  I am human and I am not even real spam.  I am fake spam.  After many sighs, Tommy came to my rescue.  You Tube.  They were the problem, and not just to me.  It seems many people had been bothered by a video called "Grand Theft Auto".  Now really, does that even sound remotely like me?  Other bloggers were griping and complaining about it under the video and I said "Add my name to that" and Tommy calmly, but wisely said, "No".  My husband found my source of irritation after only twenty minutes, but he could not fix it. Playing the waiting game...
This morning I checked it again and I am once again ME.  We always joke about spam.  No one takes it seriously....until now.  Spam is finally having the last word...and I am listening.  (Smile.)  Sshhh - I put Caleb's Nike tennis shoes back on the SWOOSH post.

No comments:

Post a Comment