This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Affordable Tidbits of Fall




These are random Fall encouragements I wanted to fit somewhere in my blog without writing paragraphs about them, though I could.  Be glad I didn't.

1.  If you have time, watch Alfred Hitchcock's "The Trouble With Harry".  It is a delightful spoof.  The scenery is gorgeous. Really gorgeous.
2.  Personally, I don't care for coffee, but the Pumpkin Latte from Starbucks is yum.
3.  Go to your local feed store and take pix of your kids on hay bales with pumpkins.
4.  Find those pumpkins in #3 at a local pumpkin patch.  Many churches will have them in their yards at affordable prices.
5.  Make cider.  The simplest way is store bought apple cider and a bag of red hots or a box of Aspen's Mulling Spices.  Yum.
6.  Put orange Christmas bulbs in your nightlights.  If you don't have nightlights, make your own with a clear plain votive.  Glue orange tissue on the outside of it in overlapping small pieces, and drop a tea light in.
7.  Make soup...and listen to Christmas music.
8.  Fall is the best time to plan for the holidays ahead....while listening to Christmas music.
9.  Read more...outside.
10.  Go to Galveston and walk on the beach before our rainy winter sets in.
11.  Spray paint a gourd black and tie an orange ribbon around it.
12.  Candy corn in little bowls.
13.  Open your windows and freshen your house.  Amazingly pleasant.
14.  Bring out oranges and browns in any way you can...blankets, pillows, dishes, etc.
15.  Put colored lights in your fireplace or in a basket of leaves.


Vacation 2010 - Tommy and Matt with kids....and story teller.
If you are looking for a trip out of town - Go to Mountain View, Arkansas.  Lovely little town.  Every night, pickers gather round campfires near the town square and play bluegrass music til the cows come home.  (I don't know when cows come home, but I give in long before they do.)  If you don't like bluegrass, don't go....cuz it's Arkansas and that's what they do. Take note of fiddles on the back wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment