This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, October 29, 2012

Wills...and Inheritance

Tommy and I met with a lawyer today to update our wills.  It isn't that we are planning to leave the earth soon, but you never know and we do not want our kids to be left with questions, papers, and things undone. No one will get rich because we pass on, believe me.
Our lawyer is a friend of ours and as she was explaining what we should do, I began to think, "I hope I look more intelligent than I feel right now."  I was so glad Tommy was taking notes, because even though it sounded like the English language, all I heard was the equivalent of Chinese.   ( Please don't tell her how ignorant I am.  Maybe she did not notice.)
We learned what we needed to do in order to make things simple for our children.  I realize chances are we won't pass on together, but I decided that I want to go first if we can't go together.  Maybe it will work out that way.  Only the Lord knows and I have already put my request in with Him.  The thing is, He does not always answer me in the way I want Him to.  Is is that way with you, too?
There are some things we do hope to leave our family... a love for God and His word, and a dedication to serve Him wholeheartedly, sweet memories of fun times, and much joy. We as Christians are strangers and aliens to this earth.  Our home is not here, but hereafter.  Our inheritance is eternal life, everlasting joy, and no more tears or sadness, but the best part is being with our Redeemer...forever.

1 Peter 1:3-5  3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,  5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 

Hebrews 11:13-16   These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.  14 For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.  15 If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return.  16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city. 

This passage is speaking of men and women of faith in scripture.  My hope is to be like them...  I want to finish well.  I would love to share this glorious inheritance with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment