This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, October 26, 2012

Always Never

I am trying to be mindful of my speech.  It is amazing how often I use those two words.  Always.  Never.  Words we say every day without really meaning them.  Do you say them as much as I do?  They actually make us liars so many times. Innocent words, guilty people.
They can be bullets that pierce the hearts of those we love when they are aimed at them...."You never put things back where they go" or "You always spill your drink!"
They can also be prideful, such as "I always work so hard!" or "I would never do that!" or - wait for it moms - "My kids would never do that!"  (Never say that one, unless your kids are robots and you have the only control at all times...and even then be careful. - In this statement, never is used correctly.)

I am S L O W L Y learning to go back to my forgiving, patient husband and say, "Okay, you don't always leave a mess on the counter" and "Sometimes you do remember to...whatever."  The positives far outweigh the negatives in our relationship. Truthfully, I learned from my grandmother to be thankful for the person you are cleaning up after. (See post entitled "Bessie")  I am.

There is only one Person who can accurately uses those two words and mean them for all time.

Genesis 9:11  I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.

Lamentations 3:22-23  The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (HALLELUJAH!)

John 4:14   but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty forever. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

John 10:28    I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 

1 Corinthians 13:8   Love never ends. 

Revelation 3:5   The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. 

Matthew 28:20  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

2 Corinthians 2:14  But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. 

1 Peter 3:15   but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; 

The last verse is more of a challenge for you and me than a promise from God.  Be prepared ALWAYS to defend your faith and tell others of the Hope that is within you.  Never forget that.
Blessings to you today, June


No comments:

Post a Comment