This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Moo Moo and Bear





These are much loved animals. I am surprised that Bear has managed to stay alive all these years...over 50 to be exact.  Just look at him.  His eye is missing and the other one looks out of whack...and where are his nose and mouth and hair?  Secrets impossible to discover, simply because I can't remember, except I think I loved the hair off.
What I do remember about him makes him very dear to me.  He was the perfect teddy bear.  His arms were made as if they were ready to hug you.  We hugged alot.  His legs folded easily so that he could sit beside me and be my friend.  Once, when I was little, I left him out in the rain and he got soaked.  My nurturing skills took over and I wrapped him in a towel and just held him like a mom would a child.  He did not have a name, just Teddy, I guess or "Bear" as he is called now.  You would think that my grandkids would be scared of him - he is kind of creepy looking.  But they love him as I did.  I tell them he is fragile and they must be gentle.
Moo Moo came late to the party.  I bought her years ago, when I used to keep my niece, Molly.  She absolutely loved this little cow.  We did not know if she was a girl or a boy, so I fixed that with a pink ribbon.  Molly is now over ten, but still comes to see Moo Moo often.  Of all the toys at my house to play with, they all want the bear and the cow...and I don't know HOW it happens, but that pink ribbon NEVER stays on Moo Moo very long.  I find it everywhere.  (Maybe she parties while I am asleep and removes it.)  That is what actually prompted this blog...finding that ribbon in the living room and tying it back around her neck.  Who knows what these animals do while I am not looking?
I salvaged Rabbit from a garage sale and saved her from a fate worse than death.  So here they live in one of my bedrooms resting on a twin bed.  They have bonded right there on that bed...and they are happiest when all of them are back together after a play day.  They mind their own business(es?) most of the time, but once in a while...I am sure of mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment