This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Desires Changed

"Hast thou not seen how thy desires e'er have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?"    a line from the hymn "Praise To The Lord"

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
He ordains all that comes to pass.  Good, and good for you if you love and trust Him.  I know - how can I possibly say that?  How can that be true?  So many wrongs are done, so much pain, loss, and sorrow.
Injustices everywhere.
All I know is that in the midst of all we call "bad," we can experience the goodness of God. We can have  His peace, His joy.  We as humans, desire so many things. We want it all.  But, when we line up under the will of God and seek to please Him with our lives, He changes those desires...as a loving parent, pointing to not just the 'good,' but the 'BEST!'  God's best isn't found in earthly possessions, or even in someone else.  When He changes our hearts' desires to His desires for us, then we become content to "make our requests known to Him" and trust Him to do as He knows best.  This results in peace. Submission isn't a means to an end.  It cannot be faked...we are talking about Someone who can read our hearts' every intent.  No fooling Him.

"Now my heart's desire is to know You more.
To be found in You and known as Yours,
To possess by faith what I could not earn -
All surpassing gift of righteousness...
Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness, and I love you, Lord."  from the song, "Knowing You."

We say that some things never change, but they do.  Everything can/does...except God.  He cannot change and remain true to His nature.  Seek to be known as His.

No comments:

Post a Comment