This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Saved From....What?

   I was listening to R.C. Sproul speak on the radio a few years back. He posed a question that made me think.  He asked, "When God saves us, what does He save us from?"  Hmm.  I wanted to get this right.  After all, I had  been a Christian for so many years, surely I knew the answer.  Let's see....Hell comes to mind, and my sins of course...heard that all my life. He talked awhile longer, without revealing a clue. Well then, I must be right.
 Finally he arrived to the "meat" of his talk.  That is what he often does.  He asks a question to get your brain going, and then quietly blows you away with his answer.  God saves man from God  He saves us from Himself!  This is love...because in His Being are not only mercy, goodness, righteousness, but also justice, impartiality, and holiness.  Holiness and sinfulness cannot dwell in the same place.  It's like trying to put light and dark in the same room.  The light always dispells the darkness. (Love that thought.)
The bible tells us that one day, God will pour out His wrath on unbelievers.  God offers man salvation from that...from Himself on that day.  Those that reject Jesus Christ as the only Savior, will forever be separated from God and all of His goodness...did I say forever?  There is no goodness without Him.
 This truth opens the door for so many other truths.  I encourage you to read your bible...and find out just Who this eternal, unchanging God is.  He is worth knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment