This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Whimsies


Something written in this font should be titled “Enchanted.”  Don’t you love this?  It is fun and playful.  So let’s talk about whimsy.  It is the playful part of us that makes little sense.  You are ageless when whimsical…from the 2 year old, wearing hats and playing dress-up, to the aged who…are wearing hats and playing dress-up.
Whimsy is dancing ballet with your children/grandchildren in the living room.  It is making robots out of playdough.  It is playing in the rain, singing off key on purpose, jumping into the swimming pool fully clothed.  Haven’t you ever had a whimsical moment?
Try it, once in a while.  Don’t stay there, though…they might lock you up with all the other 'enchanteds'...but it wouldn't be boring!
Funny how a font can inspire. Time for a chocolate. Whimsy.
Tea Party in pjs on Grammy's bed
For further assistance on spontaneous combustion - beg, borrow, or steal...a child.
Items from my printer's tray.



No comments:

Post a Comment