This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Play Practice

We began practice for the Christmas play tonight at church.  It is always such fun as the kids gather to sing and get in the mood for the holidays.  They really love it.  They often move me to tears...which isn't hard to do.  I will be writing another post after the performance on December 9th.  We are not a large church, close to two hundred, eighty of which are munchkins.  Munchkins range in age from birth to eighteen.  The ones in the play are ages two to twelve.
In the past, we have had some mishaps and some funny moments.  We try to keep those from happening, but somehow.... One year, someone wanted to be the dinosaur in the play...must have been around the time Jurassic Park was released.  Didn't know there was a dinosaur in Bethlehem.  Another child...my grandson who will remain anonymous...wanted to be Woody.  Again, I blame Hollywood for these notions.
During our very first play twelve years ago, one of the shepherds got stage fright and sat in my lap through the whole play while I directed.  I think that was the year that one of the sheep decided to rock the cradle that baby Jesus was in.  During our last play, a crown fell down around the neck of one of the wise men.  You never know.
I always tell Mary and Joseph that no matter what goes on around them, they must remain silent and try not to respond to what anyone else is doing, even if they are misbehaving.  So far, each year Mary and Joseph have remained calm in the midst of chaos...and baby Jesus unscathed.
Rehearsal in 2010
So I look forward to these Wednesday nights.  They bless me.  I will get back to you on this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment