This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Twas The Night Before Surgery...

Tommy recently underwent surgery.  On the night before, we went to watch grandson Luke practice basketball.  His team are the Minute Men.  He said that was cool and then asked me what a minute man was.  The Revolutionary War explanation seem to please him and again he said, "Cool."
On the sidelines, Shannon and I were telling Bella about Grampy's surgery the next day.
Bella listened without saying a word.
Me:  The doctor will probably cut him.
Shannon: And then he use staples to close him back together.
Me: Or he will stitch him up.
Shannon:  Kind of like sewing.
Me: Yes, Bella...it's kind of like a craft day for doctors.
She nodded her head.
The next morning we went to Doctor Craft Day at St. Luke's.
I have several more posts to share with you about our hospital adventure.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment