This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Me and Aubs

Aubrey is my niece.  My sister-in-law sings in the ensemble at church.  While they practice, the kids wait patiently in the pews, attentively listening to their parents.  I am kidding.  They run around like wild banshees, like...kids.  Anyway, I was on my way out to the car and decided to pop in and enjoy the music for a moment. Aubrey wandered in, too.
Remembering that I had some Christmas stickers in my bible, I pulled them out and handed them to her.  I also had a dinosaur paper.  She enjoyed dressing the dinosaur in red and green joy.  I try to keep stickers of some sort in my bible because you never know when a child just can't listen to Tommy's preaching anymore. They get wiggly and whiney.  Stickers fix the problem every time. (I've seen an adult or two in that state as well.)
So, Aubs and I shared a few moments together and then she was off with paper in hand.
Spend some time with a child or two.  Moments count...for them...for you.




Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment