This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, December 19, 2014

A Little Bit of Christmas

Tommy has been in St. Luke's for six days as I write this.  (By the time it goes on my blog, we better be home. That's all I can say.)  It costs a fortune to park, so I stay the limit...my limit, not theirs.  Usually I am there for eight hours.  Then I leave him to the nurses' care.  I feel like I come in as fresh as a daisy and leave looking like I scrub floors for a living.  Not that I am complaining, but...I am.  Sorry.
Anyway, I have discovered that Christmas is still going on in the world.  I am glad about that, but it's been hard to find that elusive spirit.  However I saw it when I least expected it.  On the tree by the elevators.

There were pieces of paper pushed into the greenery with Santa letters written on them.





On my way to the lobby, I passed Mc Donalds and decided to get an ice cream.  And then changed my mind.

All I wanted was a cup of ice cream...but not that badly.


This is the best picture of Christmas...the only one that counts.
Thank you, Jesus for coming to redeem us!
Luke 2:11-12   For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment