This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cuts and Staples and Recovery Antics

I have never seen Tommy come out of surgery, or be on pain meds, or any other mind numbing substance. He was quite entertaining...and annoying.  His surgery lasted four hours.  I did not get to see him until late afternoon.  When I did, he was glassy-eyed, but wide awake.  As I walked into recovery, he was asking the nurse her name.
Nurse:  I done told you eight times.  My name is Brenda.
Tommy: Ok. Brenda. Got it.
Nurse Brenda: You look like that movie star. (She looked at me and said, "You know who I'm talking about.") (I did not.)
She then said to him, "I need to scan your arm."
Tommy:  Nope
She looked at me again. I whispered, "Sorry."
Nurse Brenda:  Mr. Dahn, I am going to scan your arm.
Tommy:  Nope.
Another nurse walked in and told a story about a woman who thought she was married to Denzel Washington when she came out of surgery.
Tommy:  Is that who I look like?
Nurse Brenda:  No. Wait. You look like that guy on Lost!  You look just like him!

I had to admit that it was true.  He has been told that before.
After I left, Brenda pulled out her computer and they looked up movie stars together.

The days following proved to be less than humorous - in fact, anything but.  Life is just a blast sometimes.  Keep your sense of humor.  You will need it.

Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment