This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, May 10, 2014

While You Were Away...(Entry 4)

Day eight.
Dear Tommy,
Today is Saturday and as usual, I went to Luke's soccer game.  His front tooth is hanging on for dear life, looking as if it would fall out if the wind blew just right.  He is making more contact with the ball and seems to be enjoying the game. (I don't think anyone keeps score...except maybe the parents.)

Look at that tooth!




Give me an L-U-K-E!
Ricky and Sherry called. They are on their way to Florida and Ricky asked if you were going to shoot anything on safari.  I told him no, and that you would not be venturing out of the vehicle as it will be too dangerous.  So just shoot pictures.
I spent time this afternoon preparing the lesson for Bible Study tomorrow.  It is on Obadiah.  God sent so many prophets to warn people to repent...or else bad things would happen.  Did they listen?  No.  Why are we such a stubborn lot, thinking that we know what is best for us...or that dabbling in sinful behavior isn't so awful...or that we know what we are doing and we are in control?  Wrong. Over and over my class has heard that God sends reminders to Israel and others to repent.  I am praying that these little children remember the words of God and the great love He has for His children.  May the kindness of God continue to lead people to repent.
Romans 2:4  Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? 

As I am writing this, the doorbell rang and a girl with a very rewarding job delivered these from Luke's family in Iowa.
Flag is the dog.  He even has a Facebook page if you want to be his friend.  (I am not on Facebook, but Flag loves me anyway.)
The evening closed with Emma's dance recital.  Oh my....two hours of tutus and tap, rap and break dancing, jazz and more.  But guess who was the best of all of them? Yes, our Emma.


How old is this girl?

Lee, Shannon, Luke, Emma, Bella, Ivy

I am going to finish that lesson now.  I had a day of being "Grammy" for both of us.
Wishing all our moms in the Dahn/Durant/Huckabay/Coker/Smith/Fett houses - Happy Mother's Day!  I am blessed to know you all!
See you soon Tommy Dahn.  xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment