This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

It's Tulip Time in Orange City

We will soon travel many miles to see my son Luke, his wife YuJueng, their daughter Mae, and dog Flag.  It has been almost a year since I last saw them.  That is too long.  Luke recently sent me this picture of Mae.  It is tulip festival time in Orange City, a Dutch reformed town in northwestern Iowa.  They have windmills, wooden shoes, and blonde hair.

Those tulips are real, as is the little Dutch girl, Mae.
Just wanted to share with you.  No, they do not dress like this all the time.  Just in May - cuz it's Tulip Festival time!  I am glad that we Texans don't do things like that. You know - wear hats, and boots, and carry guns.  Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment