This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, May 9, 2014

While You Were Away...(3rd Entry)

Days six and seven.
Dear Tommy,
On Thursday I went shopping for our moms for Mom's Day.  I delivered the gifts already as I am not sure what Sunday will bring.  Bruce and Susan took me out for midday lunch at Pappas Seafood.  Actually Bruce took Susan and me out for Mother's Day.  Then they twisted my arm for a drive down to Galveston. I think I talked their ears off and they were gracious enough to listen.  We stopped on the seawall for a few pictures to commemorate the day.






It was really windy.
On the way home, we were stopped by an officer of the law....you can ask Bruce about that.  He drove away a ticketless man.  I think we need to start carrying a concealed weapon.  I was told not to mention anything, so I won't.  Shhh.  Don't tell anyone.
On Friday I kept thinking it was Saturday.  Do you ever do that?  Anyway, I went out browsing some stores and came home to cook a frozen pizza.  Yum.  I ate some of Molly's jelly beans and watched some tv and then I got an email from you...finally.
I saw this butterfly in the backyard before a little storm hit.
Try to ignore the dead grass.

I know you will be home in a few days and things will get back to normal...whatever that is.  People from the church have been so kind to offer any assistance I might need.  I am blessed.  We are blessed.
God has been so faithful to me during this time.  My faith has grown in more ways than I can express on this blog.  He knew all that would take place both here and there and He put me in a position to call on Him alone...and He was and is faithful.  
This is your welcoming committee.  The dinosaur finds its way all through our house. The Micky Mouse and Pluto are loved by Aubrey and they must sit here and wait for her (and you) to return.  The dog is Bella's and the canister has Molly's jelly beans in it.  Hurry home!  xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment