This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

As Those Who Have No Hope

Sometimes life gets heavy.  I know you know what I am talking about.  Burdens that weigh the heart and find it wanting.  No one ever said that life would be easy, but God said He would never leave us alone.
John 16:33   "...In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." 
My tribulation is a certainty...His having overcome the world is also a certainty - one I can trust.  He tells me to take heart, so I will.
1 Thessalonians 4:13  But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 
Here he speaks of the grief that accompanies death, but I believe it applies to any grief you might experience. If you know the Lord, then you have hope.  This hope should cause us not to grieve as those that do not know Him.
Romans 8:38 -39  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  
Do not allow life's circumstances to dictate your behavior.  Life is just hard sometimes.  There is no way to avoid it.  How will you respond?
Romans 12:21  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. 
So let us press on, weary traveler.  Let us take our rest in His word which is full of goodness and peace.
Matthew 11:28-30  "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 

No comments:

Post a Comment