This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, May 12, 2014

While You Were Away...(5th Entry)

Days Nine and Ten
Dear Tommy,
Sunday - Mother's Day. We handed out notepads to moms as they came into church and went out. Corey preached from Ephesians 5, focusing not particularly on the wife and husband relationship, but on Christ and His bride, the church. I had never heard it emphasized as much in that way before.  Corey mentioned to me afterwards that a boy told him that he said "church" more than 140 times.  Another boy had tallied it. I will keep their names a secret, but you might be able to guess their identities if you tried real hard. Smile.  Gotta love these kids.
Several families invited me to come and eat with them, but I had already put dinner in the oven and needed to come home.  Saw our moms for a little while.  It had been a long week and I insisted that Lee and family stay home and just rest, as I needed rest, too, but he, Luke, and Jana called and I was happy.  The older I get, the less it takes to make me happy.  That is how it should be.

Monday.  Amy Jackson texted and reminded me that you will be home in two days.  If I keep busy, the time passes quickly - plus I am getting quite a few things done.  I never sent you the pictures of the chairs I painted, so here they are.  The cushions are make of oil cloth...easy to clean.
Today I rewired a lamp.  Yes, I did.  I have skills.  Anyway, I had been putting it off for some time.  It was my grandmother's lamp and I love it.



I also organized my recipe cards.  It took less time than I had anticipated which makes me wonder why I put some things off for so long. Laziness.
Had a visit with a friend for two hours and she made her own coffee with your Keurig - which has not been used since you left.  You would have been surprised if I had used it.
Now I am making biscuits and cheese grits for bible study at Tamrynn's.  She is hosting tonight and I must say, it is a nice break.  She is making breakfast for dinner. Sounds good to me.

My brother Owen on back couch, Josh, Hayden, Molly and then Tamrynn on floor holding Oliver.  Mimi is in the blue shirt next to me.

Mom and Holden

Laurette 
I realize you know all of them but the scads of people reading this might not.
I leave you with a squirrel in the back yard, unafraid of the fake black cat that Becky gave me years ago.  He needs a new coat of paint and I should have painted him when I did the chairs.  Oh, well...he has character.  I am not sure what the squirrel was looking for, but he did not find it.  Perhaps he would be happy with a leftover Easter egg that is no doubt nestled in the greenery nearby.
My makeshift birdbath looks pitiful...but the birds love it.  They are not afraid of the cat either.
Hurry home.  xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment