This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, May 8, 2014

While You Were Away... (2nd Entry)

Days three, four, and five
My life is not as eventful as I led myself to believe, but I manage to stay busy.
Dear Tommy,
I spent Monday painting the side foyer floor.  It is a lovely shade of red.  See?
Actually the red is several shades darker than indicated here.

I heard there is a bug going around the children at church, so I sat down and wiped down the toys in the baskets because some of those children venture into our house.
I also spray painted some chairs black before meeting four ladies for dinner at Olive Garden. I wore the black paint on my feet and fingers.  I was lovely.
On Tuesday, I ventured into Walmart and was struck by all the silver hairs roaming around the store...and then I remembered I am one of them.  At the checkout I noticed two women at different lanes having trouble with the debit machines.  Neither could figure out how to use them.  I just sighed and thought about how it would be me before I knew it and who knows what I will have to deal with in 20 years.
Tuesday afternoon was spent with a girlfriend at a coffee shop.  My friend - coffee, me - water.  I just do not like coffee, but love the smell.  We talked for over three hours on the back patio. Nice.
You asked me to send you a picture of myself so I did as I waited for my friend at the coffee shop.  I am much younger than I look.  :)

Wednesday was bleak as I did not hear from you at all.  I met Kasie and the kids at Sylvan Beach.  My mom and nephew Dylan came with me.  The clouds brought strong winds and waves, but did not hinder the fun for Molly, Owen, and Aubrey.  They loved it.  I teased my mom about looking like she was going to the prom with her earrings and sequined shirt.  She looks nice wherever she goes.
We fed the gulls and I captured some moments on camera.  Kasie said the waves were the best babysitters for her kids...and cost her nothing.
You finally called me at half past midnight and eased any fears that had plagued me. My prayers were answered and I thanked God for His watchful eye.


My mom, the beauty queen.




Love this.

We stumbled upon this village built by previous visitors centuries ago, I am sure of it.

Feeding birds

Molly feeding...well, Molly

Kasie feeding baby bird Owen.

Kasie feeding baby bird Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment