This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, May 5, 2014

While You Were Away... (1st Entry)

Days One and Two
I thought I would write about what goes on here - while Tommy is in Nairobi, Kenya. Well actually he is in Nakuru teaching at Uzima Seminary.  I know...what possible interesting thing could be going on in my world?  You would be surprised.
Dear Tommy,
I went out to check the mail on Saturday evening and a little bird greeted me on our side door's ledge.  I passed by him and when I came back, he was still there.  He had all of his feathers, but could not fly. Looking around, I saw no nest.  What was I going to do with a baby bird?  I asked our neighbor, who kindly declined to take him off my hands.  Two girls passed by walking their dogs and I asked them as well. They shook their heads no.  I asked them what I should feed him and they said wet dry dogfood.  Hmm.  Fine for them, but we have no dog.
So I looked it up on the internet.  Did you know it is illegal to keep a bird from the wild?  Really?  Do the bird police come?  Well I guess they do to the tune of a $500.00 fine.  I brought him inside with the help of a box without touching him.  And the girls were right by the way.  Wet dry dogfood is a good food source.  However, the 'internet experts' say not to remove the bird as the parents are probably nearby watching.  So I returned him to the side of our house and hoped for the best.
Yes, I found several leftover Easter eggs, but look behind the wheel!

My little friend, "Nairobi."

He is not liking this at all.


I feel like a bad mama.
 My next visitor that night was this little guy, who also showed up on our doorstep.  Yes, his mama was with him and I do not have to worry about what to feed him.  Meet Oliver Augustine Fett.




The next day (Sunday), I had another visitor after church, whose mama dropped her off on our doorstep - well almost - and she stayed the afternoon with 'Grammy.'  I did not pull out my camera, but I do just happen to have a photo of my little Ivy.
This was at  Cherith's birthday party last week.  Ivy loved the bubbles so much, she was actually blowing them from her mouth!
See?
 Today I am painting the floor in the side entrance of our house.  Bright red.  It had become quite splotchy.  Ok, now I am sounding boring.  Let me just say this:  God is here with me as I pass my days looking to Him, the Author and Finisher of my faith and God is there with you(Tommy) in Nairobi, ordaining all that comes to pass.  Now THAT is peace of mind for me. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment