This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Lie In Wait

Today I worked in the backyard...and it was work.  There was a breeze and I had prepared myself to spend a few hours just trying to bring some sort of order to the flower beds.  I ended up pulling more than I kept.  Such is the end of summer in south Texas.  Burned up flowers and dried vegetables lay claim to the dirt, right along with the weeds that are as green and healthy as ever.  Go figure.
So much needed to be done.  An enormous task to be sure.
I wish I had taken pictures of the ghastly mess before I started, but surely you have seen a jungle before.  I just knew any moment I would encounter a large snake.  Something else caught my eye and I spent the rest of my time outside trying to get a decent picture.  Hummingbirds!
I sat still f o r e v e r it seemed.  So I am sharing some of my photos with you.  Enjoy!
He is on the left.




There was a prism on the clear gem, but I couldn't capture its iridescence.


No comments:

Post a Comment