This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Metal Monsters


 They are wind turbines...and they are in the states north of us....and they are ugly.
Eyes sore: mess, ugliness, blemish, blight, blot on the landscape (yes, that sums it up!!), monstrosity, ugly thing.
Is this really progress?  Is this what the future looks like?  They are said to be efficient in energy, saving us huge amounts of money, and not that dependent on the wind.  Metal. Clinical. Giants. The world is on a fast track to a streamlined, sterile, cold, hybrid existence.  I can just sit back and watch it happen because it is going to happen.
There are some things I am thankful to be able to remember...clotheslines, cloth diapers, rolled up newspapers lying in the yards and thrown by a boy on a bike, draw bridges, REAL light bulbs, and yes, wooden windmills.
Technology makes my life easier in hundreds of ways, it is true.  I cannot deny that I enjoy those pleasures.  I am just not eager to rush into being a sci-fi planet where metal monsters appear on the horizon, laying to waste a piece of the past.  Look in the background of the pictures below.  They are everywhere! (Sad face.)


No comments:

Post a Comment