This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cops in the Parking Lot

Last Saturday I took my mom to WalMart.  We had been at my great nephew's second birthday party and stopped on the way home.  Saturday at WalMart is not something I usually do.  If you have been there, then you know why.  It is crazy...and especially crazy the Saturday before school starts.
My mom is blind and she walked beside me, hanging on to the cart.  People were closing in and we both recognized that this was not our brightest idea.  As we were leaving with our purchases, we noticed about seven police cars blocking the row where we had parked.  It looked as if they were surrounding my car actually and all I could think was that my car had been hit.
Well, I dismissed that immediately.  Why would seven cars be there?  (How thoughtful of them to care.)  The nearer we came, the more I could see and hear them.  One was talking about multiple arrest warrants and they were all out of their cars, behind the open doors, as if they needed protection. (Here I am with my mom and no way to escape this scenario.)
I walked up and simply stated, "This is my car."
One of them smiled and said, "We have all the people we want, so we will move and let you out."
This guy had a sense of humor.  I am not sure what was going on and I guess we missed out on the arrests. 
I thanked him and we went our separate ways and I just thought I would share this insignificant moment in my weekend.  Thanks for reading. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment