This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Butterflies?



I have tried and tried to catch one...armed with a big jar and a 3 inch net.  So, what is the problem? Hmm.
There are white butterflies that love the flowers on the seeded radish plants.  Their flight is jagged and erratic and I look like a crazy sixty year old women with my jar and my tiny net, turning in circles - all in vain because they elude me every time.  A pitiful picture I am sure.
Perhaps it is the music I hear in the other room right now...but I am feeling such praise for the Lord. His goodness is all around me.  It is around you, too.  Stop and read.

This is my Father's world
The birds their carols raise
The morning light, the lily white
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world,
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.

As I look out Luke's back window I see my daughter-in-law picking veggies from the garden.  I see Tommy reading. Always reading.  And I see the fenceless backyard that says welcome...to people and butterflies alike.






No comments:

Post a Comment