This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Tree



Luke has a tall pine in his front yard.  It is in the shape of a Christmas Tree.  You cannot really tell how big it is from a photo, so I put Emma under it for perspective.  She has been my shadow and my pest.  I love her.  When Luke first moved into this house, he wanted the tree gone.  I am so glad it has stayed.  It is my landmark for finding his house each time we visit.
A maple gives shade to the backyard and the leaves are amazing in the Fall....which is just within my reach, by the way.  These green beauties will shine golden in a couple of months.  (And I will not be here to see it firsthand.  Boo Hoo.)
Actually I will be in New York, hopefully, to see and hear my son Luke's music played in Carnegie Hall.  He and a group of musicians have put together a traveling ensemble to perform the music of new composers.  They have raised enough money to perform in the Hall.  I am so looking forward to this, and while that is the goal of the trip, I am sure New York will have a golden leaf or two for me to see.  Smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment