This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Being Apart Together

We are on the road, headed for a campground outside Nashville.  We will meet some friends there.  We are tired, but not weary.  I loved seeing my children and their families.  I miss them already.  Why can't there be a state called 'Texowa' or 'Illinexas?' Maybe our states could be connected then and all the states between would somehow just....move over. Actually, we ARE connected by a bond that cannot be broken.  We are close in a way that cannot be measured in distance.
My children and I are under the eye of the all seeing, all knowing God of the universe. Our hearts are knit together by a never ending love.  This is the God we serve.  He loves my children and grandchildren more than I ever could.  I can trust them to His care as sheep loved by the Great Shepherd.  We are bonded forever as part of His flock.
No one is guaranteed another minute of life but, Lord willing, I will be able to see those sweet faces before too much time passes.




No comments:

Post a Comment