This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Rejoice in the Lord Always...

YuJueng, Shannon, and I went to the tiny mall in Sioux Center, just fifteen minutes away.  Christianity is very prevalent up here.  Music in the gas stations and department stores declare the goodness of God and scriptures are found in various places.  It is not the norm for sure in a world that tries to dethrone Jesus Christ and replace Him with self.  I am not saying that sinners do not abound in this part of the country, for all men's hearts are desperately wicked.  It's just that here His word is proclaimed boldly and His praises sung openly, and that is not the norm elsewhere.
In the Christian bookstore I found a praise CD and as I was checking out, I spied these cute little 99 cent magnets with scriptures on them..."Rejoice in the Lord always." Philippians 4:4.
I had forgotten my glasses that day and had to wear some reading glasses that were for sale in the stores we had gone in and then put them back when I was done looking and shopping.
We stopped for a soft drink and some cheese balls made at the Dutch restaurant.
Before we left, I walked back over to buy a few more magnets.  Grabbing two, I paid for them and we hurried to leave as the guys were babysitting for us.  In the car, I handed YuJueng a magnet and said "This is for you."  She answered, "Oh, thank you.  What does it say?"  I looked at her funny and Shannon burst out laughing.  It was in Spanish.  Spanish.
Then they began to fight over them.  I refused to give them the Spanish magnets as a reminder that their mother-in-law frequently loses her glasses.  So I say to you in closing...
"ALEGRENSE SIEMPRE EN EL SENOR." Fil. 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment