This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, September 6, 2013

Less of Me, More of Him

This is an ongoing statement because I never completely disappear...not even close.  John the Baptist knew that he would be forerunner to One who would be greater - the Messiah, the Savior.  When the Greater arrived to begin His ministry, the lesser yielded, as we all must.
John 3:29-30  The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete. He must increase, but I must decrease." 
I must decrease.  He must increase.  This is the opposite of what our natural instincts tell us.  We are such a race of 'me's'.  How do we then "kill ourselves?" Dying is the dilemma.  The more of myself I agree to get rid of, the more I will gain. The 'deader' I am, the 'aliver' am.  (yes, yes, I know.  Terrible grammar, but glorious truth.)
John's disciples became Jesus' disciples.  They followed Him in ministry and learned from His teachings. Today His words are still teaching those who will listen and follow and die to 'me'.  We must decrease, He must increase.  And He has - and is seated at the right hand of His Father, making intercession for you and for me. Thank You , Lord Jesus.  Please help us die to self and live for You alone.
Hebrews 7:22-25  This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant. The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment