This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Because When You Own Something....

You have heard the saying, "Be careful when you own something, that it doesn't own you" or something like that.  You get the idea.  It is true.  When we own things we must care for them, and depending on what it is, some things need more care than others.  Cars need maintenance.  Houses need maintenance.  Clothes need washing.  Families need feeding...and washing...and maintenance as well.
Matthew 6:28-34  And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. 
I met a missionary from China who was home on furlough.  She is serving alone over there.  While here, she is dependent on others for a place to stay, food to eat, transportation, etc.  She told me that she did not own much because the more she owned, the more she would have to care for.  While there, she has a ministry on a campus.  That is really all I should say.  So, when you think of China, pray for her.  God knows just who she is.
And about 'today'... it has enough of its own troubles.  Why worry about tomorrow? Though each day has its problems, it also comes with new mercies.
Lamentations 3:22-23  The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 
I want to own THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment