This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An Incredibly Unusual Day

This has been a most unusual day.  When more than one odd thing happens in a day, I begin to check the sky for a full moon.  Full moons do cause things to happen, you know.  My first oddity encounter occurred when I raised the shades on the french doors.  Tiny orange bugs were in clusters on the outside glass.  They crawled slowly, but never really went anywhere.  I think they were aphids, but still not sure.  By midday they had travelled to the top of the door and disappeared.

Oddity number two.  My doorbell rings and it isn't even 9a.m. yet.  A neighbor from down the street - a young man in his early twenties who walks his dog every day at this time - I mean EVERY day at the SAME time - is standing on my porch.  "Did you mean to leave your keys in the back door of your car?" he asks.  I just smiled and said, "No."  He said he would get them for me and when he returned and handed them to me, I simply stated the facts.  "My husband."
Third oddity.  My 40 year old sister Mona texted me.  She has four children; the oldest in college and the youngest in junior high and she tells me she is pregnant....again...and very happy about it.  Wahoo, sister!
Fourth tremor.  NBC interviewed my husband today.  It seems there is a commune of young people - I am reluctant to use the word cult because it conjures up the worst images - in Texas near Lufkin and one of their ex-members attends our church.  Apparently there has been some recent upsets that reached NBC's ear in Tyler, Texas.  For whatever reason, Tommy and the young man who left this group are being interviewed on camera at our church this evening.  So yes, this has been an odd day.  And it isn't over yet....
When Tommy called and told me that an NBC reporter had been in his office all day, my first response was, "What did you wear to work today?"  He answered, "My red Northwestern College golf shirt from Orange City, Iowa."   Very cool.  The segment will air tomorrow locally in Tyler on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment