This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, September 20, 2013

To You and the Robots - It Is Never Too Late

My blog is read some, but by how many REAL people, I do not know.  I started a little over a year ago and I have had about 3400 looks.  That is not very many just FYI.  My son Luke tells me that it is robots just doing their jobs for some statistician and I believe he is right (though I felt deflated inside when he said it. Sigh.)  I have always said that I blog for me, as a journal of sorts.  Putting thoughts and memories on paper has always been a joy. Of course you will never see in print the events I want to forget. Perhaps they are like a song stuck in my head and once I sing it, the repeated melody will go away.  If only.  No, you will most likely NOT see the tempestuous storms I have raged through unvictoriously. There are many.
I say all of this to make this point.  God is showing me some things and I want to share them, but it may mean divulging a name or two.  Since my audience is you - my flesh and blood reader, and many robots as well - I do not think anyone will knock on my door with a legal document and an impending lawsuit.  Dare I write more?  Yes, because God works in the most unusual ways and He is very specific. Running from Him is no option.
Tommy and I have felt for some time that we should have some ministry to our neighbors.  We have lived here for 30 years. (Ok, THIS is an unvictorious storm)  Do you think it is too late?  It is an embarrassment that we have not been more involved with those around us.  Yes, we know them by name and yes, they know we go to church each week but no, we have not shared our most Precious Treasure with them. We did pray with a neighbor when she was ill....but it was she who approached us.  There have been occasional conversations here and there, but as much as my door revolves, it is seldom a neighbor on the other side of it.
I am leading to a point.  There is a young man I spoke of in my last entry who walks his dog in front of our house every day.  He brought me the keys Tommy left hanging in my back car door.  God had been impressing on my heart to talk to him...and I had not done it.  So, He brought him to my door.  Today I went out to meet him as he passed by.  I wondered how the conversation would go and I introduced myself.  He did as well.  His name is Christian.  (Wow, God.  Great name.) While I did not share the gospel with him then, I did share that his name would be easy for me to remember as we were Christians.  I promised him some cookies for his kindness and I look forward to another encounter.
This afternoon I was visiting with a young girl from church in my kitchen.  Tommy came home from work two hours early with a neighbor from down the street. Mary does not believe.  A conversation is taking place in my living room at present.
The world is full of people that need a Savior.  My faith is useless if it isn't shared.  I want our house to be a beacon of hope and a place for fellowship where Christ is glorified.  When I do not know how to begin, He begins for me....and no, it is never too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment