This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, May 2, 2015

People Only Do What They Want To Do...

Tommy says that people only do what they want to do.  I thought that was absurd.  I do lots of things I don't want to do and I bet you would agree with me.  However, he went on to say that we make choices on how we spend our time.  We choose to do what we do, even if we don't want to do it.  If we do it, we made a choice to do it.
Okay.  I get it.  We do many things that we don't really want to do...like cleaning toilets, folding clothes, changing sheets - (I guess this is my list, isn't it?)  I often take on the task for the end result. If I want to get it out of the way, I will choose to do it first.
Soooo.  If I neglect to read my Bible because I am busy, then the choice has been made.  If I am too lazy to serve others, a choice has been made.  Do you get my point?
We make choices every day, all day long.  How many of them honor the Lord?  Good, better, best. OR  Best, better, good.  Best things first...which sometimes calls for some rearranging of my precious schedule.
Ending the day with jobs done well is fullfilling.  But spending time with the Lord is the very BEST thing we can do for ourselves and should take first place.
A disclaimer - I recognize that in places around the world, people are forced to do things they would never choose to do.  More times than not, though, we still make our own choices.  Choose well.

No comments:

Post a Comment