This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Window Breezes

Open windows always flood me with memories...of clothes flapping in the wind as they hang on the clothesline and moms talking over fences about their day and my grandma working in her garden.  I opened my window because the day was not as hot as usual and I was longing for a memory.  Birds' music seems sweeter when heard through a window and the flowers outside blew me a fragrance I could not bottle if I tried.
I miss that.  My AC roars outside my window and kills the memory for a moment...but then it reappears.  I can't stay here, cooling the world from the inside out, but I do miss the days of attic fans and screen doors that slam with every opening.  I miss the night's wind across my bed that left me with sniffles after sleeping with wet hair.  These are memories not to be repeated, but never to be forgotten, just cherished.  This is just me, lost in the past for a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment