This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, May 8, 2015

Are You the Answer?

The Lord gives us an example of prayer in Matthew 6 and Luke 11.  He begins with acknowledging God for Who He is, followed by confession, a request to lead us in the right direction, and ends with glorifying Him and His kingdom.  It begins and ends with God.
I like to use the acrostic ACTS: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication.  I learned it long ago and it has helped me keep first things first, instead of skipping straight to my 'oh, so urgent' needs/wishes/wants...as if He did not already know how important they are to me.
Then by the time I get to Supplication, I am ready to list the things heavy on my heart. My spirit is calmer and my cares seem less burdensome after praising Him, confessing sins, and being grateful. When finished, I usually just get on with my day.  There is nothing wrong with that, but what if He wants to use me in some way to meet one of those needs?  What if the fact that I was burdened about something, meant that I was the answer?  I might be.
Believers are the only Jesus some will see.  Are we being Jesus?  He showed love to those around Him and saw their true conditions.  He acted.  We can't do all Jesus did, but maybe you and I could be someone's miracle just by offering them our hands and feet.
God places all kinds of things on our hearts, from world issues to people and their circumstances. Why do you think He does that?  Just maybe you and I are someone's answer. Think about it.
Romans 14:12  So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. 
Colossians 3:17  And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment