This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tackling the Closet and the Uh, Wardrobe Therein.

Okay, so my friend Marcy send me a link to a way to scale down my wardrobe.  Really?  I don't need a billion tee shirts? (see post "A Much Needed Change in Me")  I went to the site and though the girl that owns the blog could be my daughter and we are worlds (and decades) apart in style, I learned alot just from understanding her system.  She and I were not so different in our tastes in some things. Her budget was bigger than mine, but I know how to accommodate for things like that.  It's called 'thrift store shopping' a.k.a. 'better clothes on a budget'.  Some of my favorite skirts are second hand.
It's getting rid of the idea that "more is better and leads to variety and keeps me from wearing the same things over and over".  But it doesn't.  I have my favorites and I do wear them over and over, leaving the majority of my shirts, pants, skirts feeling very lonely and hanging out together in my closet.  I think they are forming a club of the 'left behinds'.  Out of rebellion they may decide to not fit so good the next time I try to wear them.  Hmmm.  I definitely need a plan of attack...on myself.
I just don't want to live this way anymore. My goal is simplicity...in it s simplest form.  Simple clothes for simple me.  Have I used the word 'simple' enough?  Do you get my point?
Having more makes getting ready for the day harder.  Too many choices and I already know which ones fit well and so I disregard the rest - ergo the Left Behind Club.  So, today is the day. Wish me success.  I am praying my way through this.
And by the way, the link to some freedom in this area is http://www.un-fancy.com/capsule-wardrobe-101/my-spring-2014-capsule-wardrobe/.  I also found "Small Notebook"  - http://smallnotebook.org/start-here/.  She attacks the home for organized thinking as well as the closet.
I do not know anything about these people, and I usually am reluctant to endorse, but their methods intrigued me and I will give it a whirl, praying all the while.)

No comments:

Post a Comment