This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, April 10, 2015

Just To Make Me Smile


As I shared before, I have been working in the yard.  Mind you, I am not killing myself over this, though sweating some pounds would be beneficial, but I am making a slow stab at a fast growing mess.  Weeds love my yard.  Actually I think they love any yard, except those belonging to mean people who put weed killer out.  I have not been that industrious thus far, hoping that my grass will overcome on its own.  Does that ever happen?
Oh, well.  Today I spotted a beauty springing forth in yonder bed that has not yet been weeded.  They return each year without fail, to make me smile and think of my friend JoRonda, who gave me the bulbs from her yard many moons ago.
The clover is especially lovely as well, growing throughout the monkey grass.  Yes, it is a weed, but it makes me smile, too.
It's in the beholder's eye, you know.  Someone once told me that a weed was something you did not want growing in a certain place. These weeds are welcome, at least for now. Aren't they beautiful? My Father gave them to me...just to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment