This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Big Pile of Puke

I am painting a picture of the things we want no one to see - the hidden secrets of our hearts that we fear will make us unaccepted, if they become known.  Our baggage and trash.  We all have it, some more than others, and all of it helps make us who we are.
Matthew 15:18  But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 
Yesterday, someone approached me about family relationships and we discussed our dads. My dad died long ago, but hers is still living.  I received a call today from another girl with similar issues.
I said, "Your family see the real you.  It's as if everyone vomits the worst of themselves in the middle of the floor...and then they stand around and say, 'Oh. Wow. What are we going to do with that?'" No one wants to identify its contents.
She said, "EXACTLY!  That's it!"
It's every one's puke, all mixed together, indistinguishable as to which portion belongs to which rightful owner.  And it's yucky.  Remember, it's the worst...the ugliest words, sins, intentions, etc. The shame is huge and revolting, but it is outed truth.  It needs to be cleaned up and dealt with. Fingers once pointed at one another, are now lowered because the fact is - no one is innocent. Actually, this is a starting place...leading to something better, healing, productive, glorifying. Sometimes all it takes is one person leaning down with a rag and some cleaner for others to respond in kind.
These trials with siblings, parents, children, cousins, aunts, uncles (you can fill in your own blank) are designed to make us more like Christ.  They are not without purpose or else they would not be happening.  If you are the one struggling the most, I challenge you to look inward and ask God what He would have you do.  Remember, these are the things that shape us.
Life is messy, at best.  When the worst leaks out, it's downright impossible for us to deal with it on our own. Why do we wait until we are at the end of our ropes before seeking the Lord's help?  That's where He is by the way - at the end of our ropes...with a rag and some cleaner.
Psalm 38:18   I confess my iniquity; I am sorry for my sin. 
1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment