This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, January 4, 2013

Ready Or Not, 2013 Has Come.

I am not ready for this new year.  I am not ready.  Still it has come. Christmas passed quickly, leaving silence in its wake. Dead silence and I have no idea what to do with this brand new year. Isn't January often like that?  I have no planning book for 2013 so I better not make any plans...or I better find a planner, huh?
All of the hectic life in my house over the past few weeks has dissipated without a replacement...except for sweet memories. We had a houseful on Christmas day...41 comers and goers.  Life and merriment took over and all I had to do was watch and enjoy.  Nine of those 41 were my house guests for a couple of weeks - my children and grandchildren from far away countries...like Iowa and Illinois.  Foreign for sure.
Putting my house back as it was does not appeal to me.  So I am making a few changes here and there.
I need personal changes as well, but not the usual ones.  Yes, there are pounds to shed, closets to clean, tasks to do...always there are those.  I need everlasting changes...the kind that glorify the Lord.  You know - practicing kindness, choosing not to lose my temper, biting my tongue, volunteering for the ugliest job, allowing others to go before me in lines at the store and in traffic, being content to stay in the background.  Small deeds done in His name matter.
I will allow the Lord to work on me...and I ask for your prayers. 
Happy New Year to you all!   Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment