This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mrs. Bookington, the Librarian



Suitable name, don't you agree?  It is the code name of a "friend" of mine.  She takes messages and gives clues to my niece, Molly. Molly is learning to be a spy of sorts and solve mysteries.  This has been a lot of fun for my "friend."  I cannot say her name, lest Molly read this and figure it out.  Surely she hasn't by now.  (Smile.)
She has already solved one case involving emeralds, which she received for Christmas, after using her compass and detective skills to discover the famous missing "jewels of the realm" or some such thing.  
You all know how much I love mysteries, so I got my "friend" Mrs. Bookington, the librarian involved in the present case she is working to solve.  She has had to contact Agent VJD, which led her to "Chopin", who in turn led her to "Submarine".  One of them gave her the longitude and another the latitude of a certain cemetery in Paris where Chopin's grave is.  Molly took the coordinates and used Google to complete that task.
She received a key in the mail this week.  It is the key of D and I cannot tell you why at this point because Mrs. Bookington has sworn me to secrecy.  Molly has yet to finish the case. She is looking for a piece of music.  It is vital, you know.
We are having great fun helping her 'save the world.'  If you are interested in being a part of some future escapades, please let me know and I will tell Mrs. Bookington.  She is a very intelligent librarian with too much time on her hands, obviously.  Life is fun, isn't it?  Play with your children and if you don't have any, borrow some.  But remember, sshhhhh!

BTW - Did you know that Chopin's heart was removed from his body after death and is kept in an urn, embedded in a pillar of the Holy Church in Warsaw, Poland?  Inscribed above it is a scripture, Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
Mrs. B told me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment