This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, January 21, 2013

Just Another Day

I am loving this beautiful weather.  Cold at night and sunny cool in the day.  Perfect.  My yard is calling to me, but there is no time to answer.  My mom's Christmas decorations still need taking down. (Yes, I know, but she was not ready until now...thankfully.)  As Tommy and I look at our calendars, they are full of things that must be done, and then there are those things we would like to do. Some are both and the same.  I am finally back to myself, whatever that is - and it is still subject to change at any given moment - and so life rolls on.
My reading has suffered neglect lately.  It takes much concentration and discipline for me to finish a book.  Tommy can read and study with one eye on a baseball game or ear-plugged in to 'who knows what'.  The multi-tasking days of my youth are gone forever.  I need quiet in order to absorb what I take in.
This aging process takes its toll, doesn't it?  Backs hurt, necks hurt, eyesights dim, joints ache, wrinkles appear out of nowhere, and memory takes a vacation. Yep, that sums it up.
So tomorrow I will take down some Christmas, make soup, run to WalMart for my mom's meds, and I just might make it to the backyard.  This is one of those boring posts that you often find on Facebook where someone is writing about their every move.  Yawn. Sorry about that.  Surely something very surprising and interesting is lurking just around the corner so stay tuned.  Oh, yes, and I am determined to crack open a book.
Side note - When I titled it "Just Another Day", it is no reflection on the fact that it is the Lord's Day and therefore very meaningful to me.  It's just that on Sunday evenings, we look at the week ahead so we can see if we will be able to shake hands as we pass in the hallway.  Looks like it might happen around mid-week.

No comments:

Post a Comment