This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, November 12, 2012

If the United States Post Office Says So...

Do you remember the movie, "Miracle On 34th Street?"  The story is about proving that Santa is real. (Well, whatever.)  Kris Kringle has a lawyer and just when you think it is a lost cause, the mailman delivers a letter to Santa and a light bulb goes on over the lawyer's head. 'If the United States Post Office declares this man to be Santa, then it must be true, because they can't intentionally deliver mail to the wrong person.'  So the federal government says this man is Santa, and the show ends happily ever after.  All of this to say...
I bought stamps last week.  I asked for Christmas ones and the man showed me a Madonna and Child stamp and some other one and then he pulled out one of Joseph leading Mary and Child on a donkey.  He recommended that one and I agreed.  (This man knew his business.  I know, I know, I am getting to the point.)
Today I was gathering receipts from my purse and I saw one that said, 'Forever Holy Family.'  I picked it up and stared at it.  It took me a minute to figure out that it was the stamp receipt and that the Forever stamps are the ones that are good...well, forever.  But to see those words...Forever Holy Family.  How cool is that?  So, if the United States Post Office declares that Christ is forever, then who are we to dispute it?  I love it.
I know stamps say lots of things I would not agree with, but this time, they got it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment